Americrete Sealer Description
A-1150 Product Description
Americrete A-1150 Cool Pool Series is a Premium, Quick Drying, 100% Acrylic Concrete/Masonry Pigmented Sealer. Formulated to reflect infrared rays and to seal concrete and masonry resistance to water, alkalis, acids, ultra-violet light.
Americrete Sealer Details
- IR Heat Reflective
- UV Resistant
- Fast Drying
- Water Base
- Easy Clean-Up
- Chemical Resistant
- Alkali and Moisture Resistant
- Excellent Hide and Color Retention
- Passes ASTM D2047-82
- Resistant to Ponding Water
- Concrete Floors
- Pool Decks
- A-16000 Waterproofing System
- A-9,000 Waterproofing System
- Pool Texture Deck System
- Walls Stucco
Finish & Surface Preparation
- For maximum durability, the surface must be clean, free of dirt, oil, chalk and other foreign matter.
- Satin Sheen
Concrete, concrete decks, concrete floors and concrete walkways
- New concrete must age for a minimum of 30 days. Cool temperatures and high humidity may require a longer cure time. Remove all grease, oil, and wax with T.S.P. solution. (One pound of T.S.P. to 1 gallon of water.)
- Scrub with a stiff broom until the surface is thoroughly clean.
- Rinse thoroughly with clear water.
- Pressure wash with minimum 2,500 PSI
- If necessary, etch all unpainted cement with A-250 acid etching gel, allow to stand five minutes then rinse clean with water.
- After etching, neutralize the acid with baking soda or soda ash then rinse thoroughly with water. A properly etched concrete surface should resemble the texture of medium sandpaper. Let dry thoroughly before applying the coating.
- A-1150 Series may be used as its own primer.
- To use Cool Pool Heat Reflective Deck Coating as a primer, add 1-pint water to 1 gallon A-1150 Series.
Previously Painted Surfaces
- Clean all surfaces and roughen all glossy surfaces by sanding.
- Remove all peeling, loose or blistered paint by scraping and wire brushing.
- Remove all chlorinated rubber and hydrocarbon finishes by sandblasting.
- Clean all surfaces thoroughly with a T.S.P solution and then rinse thoroughly with water.
- Roughen gloss by sanding; then wash with a T.S.P. solution and rinse thoroughly with water.
- Cool Pool A-1150 Series may be rolled, brushed or sprayed.
- The coverage will vary, up to 300 square feet per gallon on a smooth surface and between 150-250 square feet per gallon on a rough or textured surface. (Product may be thinned with a small amount of water, 2 coats are recommended.)
- Box and mix all containers together to insure consistent color.
- Neatly cut-in all edges with a brush and roll the main area using a 1/2″ nap, good quality roller cover.
- Be sure to spread evenly in a “V” pattern, rolling in both directions.
- It is best not to apply in the hot sun or above 95 degrees.
- Thinning slightly with water and applying thin coats will help avoid streaks in direct sun.
- Allow four (4) hours between coats and light foot traffic.
- Normal foot traffic after twenty-four (24) hours. No vehicle traffic without sealer.
- Allow forty-eight (48) hours before placing heavy objects on the surface.
- Warm water and soap.
- Do not install any Americrete product if the temperature is below 55 degrees or in extreme heat.
- Rain may damage uncured Americrete products.
- If inclement weather threatens, cover deck to protect the new application.
- Do not allow any Americrete product to FREEZE.