A-6050 Skip Trowel Overlay System Components
A-6050 Skip Trowel Overlay System Components Description
A-6050 System Description
Americrete‘s decorative concrete overlays are designed to enhance plain concrete into patterns, textures, and colors fit for any architectural scheme. The A-600 Concrete Resurfacer can be used to trowel a simple smooth finish or skip troweled with taped out patterns to simulate tile or stone. There are many options for coloring the patterns and textures. You can use pigmented topcoats, stains and integral coloring of the A-600 cement.
- It is imperative that the structure that is to be repaired be structurally sound. Deteriorated, cracked or spalled concrete should be repaired.
- Americrete recommends that all structural concrete substrates be tested for structural integrity and chemical contamination prior to application of any surfacing materials.
Preparation of surface
- Americrete will bond to properly cleaned and porous concrete surfaces.
- Mechanical or chemical abrasion may be necessary in order to achieve the proper profile. Profile means that the concrete should feel rough, like 80-100 grit sandpaper.
Existing Coated Floors
- All existing coatings, sealers, curing agents and other foreign materials must be removed by shot blast or grinding equipment in order to reveal clean concrete.
- If oil or greasy spots are present clean by scrubbing the surface with A-100 Degreaser.
- Broom A-100 Degreaser evenly over the entire surface.
- Allow the degreaser to remain on the surface for approximately 30 minutes.
- Do a final clean with TSP cleaner to ensure A-100 is totally removed.
- Power wash surface with a 3000 to 4000 psi machine. Read A-100 Degreaser Specifications for full details.
- The surface should be tested to assure that the vapor transmission is below 3.5 lbs. per 1000 sq. ft.
- This can be measured by using a Calcium Chloride test kit. Follow directions on the test kit.
- A-6300 penetrating Vapor seal epoxy can be used to control moisture vapor and add adhesion by broadcasting skidtex or 30 grit silica sand into the wet epoxy. Refer to technical data sheet A-6300.
- Small repairs and cracks require pre-filling. Large spalls and cracks should be pre-filled prior to resurfacing using Americrete Crack Repair Procedure.
- Americrete does not guarantee that the cracks will not appear at a later date.
- Low areas, surface voids and other irregularities that cannot be repaired using a thin coat application may be repaired using this leveling procedure prior to resurfacing.
- Prime surface with A-300.
- Apply A-600 Concrete Resurfacer mixed with 6 to 6 1/2 quarts of water per bag, for any areas from 1/8” or 3/8”.
- For deeper areas, A-900 may be necessary. See A-900 specification sheet.
Thin Set Overlay
- Upon completion of repairs, the surface shall be overlaid with a minimum of 2 applications of A-600 Concrete Resurfacer.
- The first coat of A-600 is to fill minor dings and divots in the surface to provide a smooth finish for the Skip trowel decorative overlay.
- The second coat is the decorative cement overlay.
- Prime the surface with A-300 Bonder/Admix at a spread rate of 300 square feet per gallon.
- Allow drying.
- Mix A-600 with 6 to 6 1/2 quarts of water, using a low RPM drill and egg beater type mixing paddle.
- Pour out the blended A-600 material along one edge of the field of work and start troweling with a round nosed pool trowel.
- Do not cover any expansion joints. Brush A-600 out of joints with a wet brush.
- Trowel or squeegee the A-600 smooth over the entire area and allow to dry. ( For additional information on squeegee application see A-6000 Resurfacer Specification) Lightly scrape off any trowel ridges and points with a tile scraper on a pole. Sweep or blow off the surface.
- Allow the A-600 skim coat to thoroughly dry before applying tape patterns. Tape out any desired patterns using Grout Tape or Stone Strips.
- The Grout Tape can do 100 square feet of a 1 foot by 1-foot tile pattern per roll and the Stone Strips will cover 100 square feet per pound.
A-100 Americrete Degreaser Description
A-100 Americrete Degreaser is a fortified concrete and multipurpose cleaner that is designed to clean and lightly etch the surface simultaneously. The primary use is to remove deeply penetrated oil stains and contaminated surface residue.
A-600 Product Description
Americrete‘s A-600 decorative concrete overlays are designed to enhance plain concrete into patterns, textures, and colors fit for any architectural scheme. The A-600 Concrete Resurfacer can be used to trowel a simple smooth finish or skip troweled with taped out patterns to simulate tile or stone. There are many options for coloring the patterns and textures. You can use pigmented topcoats, stains and integral coloring of the A-600 cement.
A-1000 Americrete Concrete Stain Description
A-1000 Americrete Concrete Stain is a user-friendly, water-based acrylic stain for concrete. This product penetrates the surface for a tenacious bond. Available in 18 standard colors and 8 stain pro colors, these colors can be mixed for unlimited selection.
Concrete Stain is used as a protective, decorative coloring system over new and old, pigmented and non-pigmented concrete, masonry, and wood surfaces. The surface must be sealed with one of Americrete’s sealers.
This product can be used on driveways, pool decks, architectural designs, natural stone, stamped concrete, stucco, walkways, industrial floors, kitchen floors, concrete block, exposed aggregate, brick, precast concrete, tile, fencing, wood decks, Mexican pavers, Americrete cements and anything that will accept a penetrating stain. An Americrete sealer is to be used when heavy traffic or vehicle traffic is expected. Call for Americrete sealer recommendations.